NACCOM is a registered Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) and a network of member organisations seeking to actively tackle destitution amongst vulnerable asylum seekers, refugees and other migrants with no recourse to public funds.
We are committed to sharing resources and working together effectively. The following Membership Policy reflects two core principles.
- We believe that no organisation should be excluded from membership due to a lack of finance.
- We believe that paying a membership fee, however small, demonstrates an appreciation of the benefits of belonging to NACCOM.
Criteria for Membership
Full membership is open to any organisation that is committed to providing accommodation for destitute asylum seekers. They may in addition provide accommodation for refugees and others with no recourse to public funds.
Associate membership is open to any individual or organisation that is in sympathy with the aims of NACCOM. Associate membership will not convey voting rights at Annual or Extraordinary General Meetings.
Applications for membership should be made using our newly revised online application form.
If you have problems accessing the online form you can download the application form here.
Applications will then be considered by the Board of Trustees and must be approved by a two-thirds majority. Once confirmed, Membership will be conferred upon payment of a membership fee (see below).
- Assistance with capacity building across a range of accommodation services, including hosting schemes, housing projects and night shelters.
- Support with evaluating destitution services (if there is capacity this service may be extended to associate members).
- Voting rights at Annual and Extraordinary General Meetings.
- Reduced rates at NACCOM meetings, training sessions and Annual Conference.
- Access to expert advice and resources (please note there may be a small charge for printed material).
- Access to the Members Area of our website featuring a Forum and Library.
- Use of our regular e-bulletins to publicise services and request or disseminate information free of charge.
- Participation in our annual UK-wide accommodation survey.
Cost of Membership
There is a minimum annual fee of £20 for membership, without which no one can be a member. We suggest the following annual fees as a rough guide, understanding that organisations may have differing financial constraints.
If you have any questions or concerns about these fees please contact us, and if you feel able to contribute more than the suggested amount please do so.
|Annual income (based on last financial year)||Suggested annual fees|
|Up to £10,000||£20|
|£10,000 to 50,000||£30|
|£50,000 to £100,000||£60|
|£100,000 to £250,000||£85|
|Suggested annual fee|
What did Members say in 2016?
“Really enjoyed the conference and got lots of answers to queries I was struggling with.” Action Foundation
“Sharing knowledge, skills and best practice- very informative.” Night Stop North East
“Has led to…new opportunities for sharing and learning, thus improving what we offer.” Sanctus
“Helpful to have the chance to meet others who are doing the same kind of work”. London Hosting
If you wish to discuss any aspect of your membership application or renewal please contact us.