NACCOM -agencies assisting asylum seekers to find housing


6 responses to “Blog

  1. Simon Cook March 25, 2014 at 11:38 am

    Dear fellow NACCOM members,

    One of our Ethiopian residents who has refugee status is looking to move out of our accommodation and away from Newcastle upon Tyne but he has no support network (and therefore no local connection) anywhere else in the country. In light of this – do any of your projects have space to accommodate him (as he will struggle to find accommodation otherwise)?

    Many thanks for any help or signposting you can offer,

    Simon Cook

    Housing Manager
    Action Foundation

  2. Hannah Laing May 3, 2013 at 5:28 pm

    I’d like to subscribe please!

  3. Will Sutcliffe February 26, 2013 at 5:45 pm

    Hi folks
    HOUSE INSURANCE. One of Abigail Housing’s house-owners was recently quoted a 150% increase in his buildings premium when he informed the insurer that the house now accommodates destitute asylum seekers. We tried getting the company to budge, but with no success. I then managed to get a vastly better quote (just 30% higher) from Rawlins Insurance Brokers in Stoke and the house owner has happily gone with this. If anyone else is interested, their contact is Hazel Rees ( / 01782 753000). They have 10 years experience of insuring properties housing asylum seekers. I have no personal interest in this company!
    Will Sutcliffe

    • Colleen Molloy April 7, 2013 at 12:05 pm

      House Insurance – I too was quoted ridiculous amounts when I stated that I would be hosting a destitute asylum seeker. I went through several brokers and cheapest quote was over £1300! I eventually had a sensible and affordable quote from Cooperative insurance Services and recommend them. They simply quoted me for an extra adult non paying lodger without discriminating about their status.

  4. naccom October 12, 2011 at 1:13 pm

    Welcome to the new NACCOM Blog. Please feel free to leave any comments, questions or feedback.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

%d bloggers like this: