Are you committed to ending destitution amongst asylum seekers, refugees and migrants with no recourse to public funds? Do you have experience of assisting organisations to develop good practices with a focus on accommodation? Do you enjoy sharing knowledge and bringing people together?
NACCOM is recruiting for a full time Network Development Worker. This is a crucial role to further our work of ending destitution amongst asylum seekers, refugees and migrants with no recourse to public funds. This key role focuses on supporting our 48+ member organisations to increase the bed spaces they can offer and to increase their effectiveness in the services they provide. You will also be responsible for bringing members together to share good practices and learn from each other’s experiences. As well as working with our existing members, you will be expected to assist new groups setting up in areas of need.
This is an exciting time to be joining NACCOM. We have recently received £500,000 as part of the Guardian and Observer winter appeal, and will be distributing the majority of this to full members through a grants process over the next year. The post holder will be key to assisting members to grow and develop their projects sustainably in light of these funds.
The post holder will join our staff team of:
- National Director: Hazel Williams, Full time based in Newcastle
- Communications and Advocacy Worker: Lucy Smith, 4 days a week, based in Sheffield
- Network Development Worker: Dave Smith, 3 days a week, based in Manchester
Key details of the post:
- Salary: £25,951. If based in inner London there will be an additional £3,405 per annum
- Full time post of 37.5 hours per week with 25 days annual leave per annum
- The post is home based or depending on location there may be the possibility to be based in one of NACCOM’s member organisations. As there will be extensive travel around the UK, the post-holder will need to be in a location which can easily access the majority of our members (who are based in England) via train.
How to Apply?
To apply for the post please fill in the job application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the header PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL by 9am on 12th March 2018. Applications received after this date/time will not be accepted.
Interviews will take place in Birmingham on the 29th March. We are happy to conduct Skype interviews.
If you would like to discuss the post in advance please call Hazel on 07821 426 438. Due to our capacity we will not be able to offer feedback to applicants who are not shortlisted for interview.