NACCOM in partnership with EASL is running a one day course for those working with refugees, people seeking asylum and other migrants.
When: Wednesday 20th November (one-day course)
Time: 9:45 for a 10am start – 5pm
Where: Praxis Community Projects, Pott Street, London, E2 0EF
Tickets: £20 per person for staff and volunteers from NACCOM member projects, and £40 per person for non-members.
What’s on offer: The training day will be delivered by two experienced social workers with recent experience of working for the NHS and social services in mental health and homelessness teams. Delivery will be a mixture of presentations, group work and group discussion using case studies to facilitate learning and development of practical skills.
- Gain confidence in supporting people experiencing mental distress.
- Recognise and understand common ways people present in mental health crisis.
- Know how, when and where to refer for additional support.
- Share skills and knowledge to improve practice.
- Common mental health conditions and how asylum seekers and people with no recourse to public funds (NRPF) can be affected.
- Practical skills and tips for supporting people in mental health crisis, managing risk.
- Available support from NHS, social services, third sector agencies.
- Accessing statutory services for people with NRPF, including legal interventions under the Mental Health Act 1983, as amended 2007, and Care Act 2014.
For further information and to book tickets, click here