***Please note that the application process for recruiting new Trustees is now closed***
NACCOM is looking for new Trustees
Could you be a NACCOM Trustee? The No Accommodation Network (NACCOM) is looking for up to three new Trustees to strengthen and diversify the skills and experience of the Board for this national network.
This is an exciting role for individuals who want to shape the future development of the organisation to make a big difference to the lives of increasing numbers of destitute people seeking asylum, refugees, migrants and those that support them.
A full role description is available below.
We are particularly looking for people with experience of;
- financial management and oversight to take on the role of treasurer
- working or volunteering for a NACCOM member
- working in the wider homeless sector
- seeking asylum in the UK with direct experience of destitution or immigration control.
We are also keen to have a good geographical representation and so would particularly welcome applications from individuals living and working in London, Wales, the West Midlands and the North West of England, although we will also consider applications from other parts of the UK.DOWNLOAD THE TRUSTEE ROLE DESCRIPTION
NACCOM is a growing and ambitious charity established in 2006 to support organisations that provide asylum seekers, refugees, and other migrants with housing and other assistance to prevent their destitution. The network has grown to represent 102 member organisations, of which 62 accommodated over 3211 people last year. Having reviewed our theory of change we are working towards three strategic goals:
1. We will support members to become more sustainable and effective to increase the number of people they accommodate
2. We will enable those with lived experience to share their insight and experiences so that working in partnership with NACCOM and other organisations, the human face of destitution has a raised profile and their opinions inform ours and our members work.
3. We will tackle the root causes of destitution through policy, lobbying and awareness raising.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter of no more than two sides of A4 explaining why you think you would make a good NACCOM Trustee to Hazel Williams, NACCOM’s National Director.
Application deadline is Thursday 9th January 2020 at 9am
Interviews will be held in Newcastle on Monday 20th January 2020. If you are unable to attend in person we can arrange a video interview.
Successful applicants will be expected to attend at least two board meetings which will take place in York on the 12th February 2020 and the 13th May 2020 (location tbc) and July 2020 by way of a probation period. After this the Board and the individual will decide whether they should be put forward to members to vote for election to become a Trustee at our AGM in October 2020.
Reasonable travel expenses will be covered for attending the interview and for all Board meetings.