We held our first ever NACCOM Steering Group meeting in Manchester on January 18th. I was very impressed that 5 of the 9 managed to meet up, given that half of Britain was snowed up!
Our Steering Group consists of –
- Dave Smith, Boaz Trust Manchester
- Shari Brown, Hope Housing, Birmingham
- Julian Prior, Action Foundation, Newcastle
- Robert Spooner, ASSIST Sheffield
- Caron Boulghassoul, Nottingham Arimathea Trust
- Paul Catterall, Open Door North East, Middlesborough
- Rachael Bee, Bristol Hospitality Network
- Jean Demars, Praxis, London
- Will Sutcliffe, BEACON, Bradford
The group will meet twice a year to plan and strategise. So far we have planned the next two meetings. They are –
Tuesday March 12th: Regional and Special Focus Meeting, Open Door North East, Middlesborough, 11-3.30
Apart from the usual opportunity to share information and project updates, this meeting will focus on the Open Door Housing Scheme. If you are interested in exploring how you can run a sustainable housing scheme, using refugee houses with one room set aside for destitute asylum seekers, this is a must for you! More details to follow.
Saturday April 27th: National Conference, Brunswick Parish Church, Manchester, 10.30 -4.00
Keynote speakers, workshops, great food, lots of stalls, resources and networking – this will encourage, challenge and empower you to tackle destitution in your town or city. Not to be missed! Watch this space!