***The deadline for applying for this job has now passed***
We’re looking for a friendly, enthusiastic and experienced Administration Assistant to join the NACCOM team.
About the role:
Role: Administration Assistant
Responsible to: Finance and Operations Co-ordinator
Hours: Full-time (37.5 hpw) or Part-time (30 hpw)
Salary: £20,493 per annum (full time). London weighting will also be considered.
Leave: 25 days per annum plus Bank Holidays (for full time hours)
Pension: NACCOM will contribute 6% of your gross salary
Contract: 6 months from September 2021 to March 2022 but with the possibility of continuation depending on funding and strategic review
Location: Home-based within the UK (with occasional travel within the UK).
NACCOM is committed to bringing an end to destitution amongst people seeking asylum, refugees and migrants with no recourse to public funds living in the UK. NACCOM exists to promote best practice in and support the establishment of accommodation projects that reduce destitution amongst people seeking asylum, as well as migrants with no recourse to public funds (NRPF) and / or refugees facing barriers to accessing affordable housing.
We do this by:
- providing networking opportunities to encourage, empower and connect members
- sharing knowledge and promoting best practice to provide pathways out of destitution
- working with others (including those with lived experience) to raise awareness of destitution and campaign for a just and humane asylum system
- gathering and disseminating data on the scale of destitution and positive outcomes achieved by members
This is a varied role providing vital support to NACCOM and its members by:
- Assisting with administrative and governance tasks relating to the running of NACCOM
- Maintaining up-to-date records on the CRM database
- Assisting with financial administration
- Assisting with updating content on the website
- Assisting with the organisation of NACCOM events, meetings and campaigns, in particular our BBC Radio 4 Appeal in October 2021.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the Director and other members of the team as agreed with the Finance and Operations Co-ordinator.
- Respond to incoming NACCOM phone calls and office emails.
- Collect up-to-date contact details and permissions from Members and record the information on the database and online Project Directory.
- Assist with administration tasks for our 2021 BBC Radio 4 Appeal.
- Assist with the organisation of NACCOM’s annual conference and other events, including booking venues/Zoom, managing invites, updating the participants’ list, creating delegate packs and recording feedback.
- Assist with financial administration by ensuring receipts are collected and recorded for staff/trustee/volunteer expenses.
- Update the NACCOM database (Salesforce CRM system) as required.
- Assist with the preparation and dissemination of papers for quarterly board meetings and sub-committee meetings.
- Assist with minutes for team meetings.
- Work to uphold NACCOM’s policies and procedures, in particular its Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding policies.
- Occasionally travel to team meetings in the UK as required and as Covid-19 restrictions allow.
For further information about the role, including person specification, download the the Job Description below.
We encourage people with lived experience of immigration control and destitution to apply if they have the right to work and meet the person specification. Should they meet the person specification criteria, they will be prioritised for interview.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 12 noon, Wednesday 28th July 2021.
INTERVIEWS: Thursday 5th and Friday August 2021.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please complete the application form, below, which includes space for you to tell us how you meet the person specification. Please email your form to: email@example.com by 12 noon on Wednesday 28th July 2021. Please do not send CVs.
If you would like to chat through the role before applying, please feel free to call Angela Stapley on 07934 826 773 or email [email protected]
Interviews will be held on Thursday 5th and Friday 6th August 2021. Please let us know if you are not available for this and we will endeavour to make alternative arrangements although cannot commit to this.
NACCOM is committed to ensuring equality of opportunity in its recruitment and employment practices. To help us identify possible inequalities and barriers to employment, we would appreciate your cooperation by completing an equal opportunities monitoring form as part of the application process.