We’re pleased to be recruiting for the role of Policy and Research Co-ordinator at NACCOM.
Job Role – Policy and Research Co-ordinator
Responsible to: Director
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £27,741 per annum pro rata + 6% pension. London weighting will be considered.
Leave: 25 days per annum pro rata plus bank holidays
Contract: Six months (but with the possibility of continuation depending on funding and strategic review)
Location: Home-based in the UK with regular travel requirements within the UK. Possibility of being based within a NACCOM member organisation’s office.
NACCOM is committed to bringing an end to destitution amongst people seeking asylum, refugees and migrants with no recourse to public funds living in the UK. NACCOM exists to promote good practice in and support the establishment of accommodation projects that reduce destitution amongst asylum seekers as well as migrants with no recourse to public funds (NRPF) and / or refugees facing barriers to accessing affordable housing. It does this by:
- providing networking opportunities to encourage, empower and connect members
- sharing knowledge and promoting good practice to provide pathways out of destitution
- working with others (including those with lived experience) to raise awareness of destitution and campaign for a just and humane asylum system
- gathering and disseminating data on the scale of destitution and positive outcomes achieved by members
- The Policy and Research Co-ordinator will work with NACCOM’s Director to deliver NACCOM’s policy, research and advocacy strategy to end homelessness and destitution experienced by people subject to immigration control.
- They will consult NACCOM members and experts by experience to gather information on the issues affecting them and support members to influence at local, regional and national levels.
- Working with partner organisations they will promote the network’s policy solutions and ensure that network members are able to participate in and contribute to relevant national campaigns, coalitions and actions.
- This post will oversee the national annual members survey and other data gathering exercises, produce research reports and briefings and respond to consultations as required.
- They have specific responsibility for supporting NACCOM members to strengthen their approach to evidence gathering, and working with experts by experience supported by NACCOM members to shape and deliver NACCOM advocacy priorities and actions.
We particularly encourage people with lived experience of immigration control and destitution to apply if they have the right to work and meet the person specification. Should they meet the person specification criteria, they will be prioritised for interview.
For further information about the role, including full role responsibilities and person specification, download the job description below.
Application deadline: 11.55pm on Thursday 5th August
Interviews: Interviews for the role will be held between 12th August and 18th August
How to apply:
Please complete the application form, below, which includes space for you to tell us how you meet the person specification. Please email your form to: email@example.com by 11.55pm noon on Thursday 5th August 2021. Please do not send CVs.
If you would like to chat through the role before applying, please email Bridget Young at [email protected] to arrange a time to speak.
NACCOM is committed to ensuring equality of opportunity in its recruitment and employment practices. To help us identify possible inequalities and barriers to employment, we would appreciate your cooperation by completing an equal opportunities monitoring form as part of the application process.